October 11, 2016
The (EEOC) is an independent federal agency created by Congress in 1964 to eradicate discrimination in employment. The Commission enforces various statutes that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, retaliation, age, and disability or protected veteran status.
The EEOC has the authority to investigate charges of discrimination filed against employers who have a statutory minimum number of employees. HR can help avoid costly penalties by following the tips published by the EEOC.
June 30, 2016
If you are looking to change your existing policy or to buy a new one you have to have a Special Enrollment Period (SEP) between February 1, – December 31, 2016.
What is a Special Enrollment Period (SEP)?
1. Your personal circumstances change, including:
• Birth of a child
• Adoption or placement of child for adoption or foster care
• Gaining citizenship
• Moving residence outside your insurance plan’s service area
• Leaving incarceration
2. You experience an involuntary coverage change, which may include:
• Losing health coverage due to situations such as job-based coverage ending, aging off a parent’s plan at 26, losing coverage through divorce or similar events. However, voluntarily (more…)
January 24, 2016
Health Net of Arizona will require proof of Arizona permanent residency and payment of first month’s premium prior to considering an Individual & Family Plan (IFP) PPO enrollment application.
All IFP PPO applications are currently pended and will require the Proof of Permanent Residency form. This form has been filed with the Department of Insurance and is awaiting approval. As soon as we have approval, we will be reaching out to these applicants and will notify you once the form is implemented.
At this time, their online enrollment tool is only available for the quoting of plans and rates and not for enrollment in PPO policies. To enroll in Health Net PPO products, paper applications must be submitted. Call us at (520) 721-4848 for a paper application.
A summary of Health Net residency requirements are as follows.